Established in 2010, the Center of Usability and Mixed Reality (the former Design and Multimedia Center) strives for the synergy of interdisciplinary, educational, research, commercial, and other activities.
The center is made up of multidisciplinary specialists and researchers with an extensive background in the fields above.
- Human-computer interaction, usability testing and user interface design;
- Virtual, Augmented and Mixed reality technologies;
- Tracking and motion capture.
Every year, the Center is involved in hosting part of or entire conferences:
- WUD@ITMO (World Usability Day at ITMO University)
- Multimedia Technologies, Design and Usability session at the Congress of Young Scientists
- Multimedia Technologies, Design and Usability session at ITMO’s Science and Education Conference
The Center’s corporate partner is the Arcadia software development company.