Office phone+7 (812) 233-63-88
- Click to call
Office email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send message
The Research Institute of Light-Guided Photonics is actively engaged in research activities in the development of fiber-optic sensors. The institute brings together a well-balanced community of professionals who are capable of solving wide-ranging educational and research tasks in the field of optical communication, optical fiber measurements, and programmable optoelectronics.
The institute consists of six laboratories that are involved in the following activities:
- development of optoelectronic devices and their casing;
- programming of integrated circuits and microprocessors;
- mathematical modeling of signal processing algorithms and fiber-optic instruments;
- design of applied processing programs and real-time signal visualization;
- testing of fiber-optic devices.
Together with their colleagues from Russia’s leading research centers and international laboratories, the institute’s researchers are developing high-precision fiber-optic devices, namely fiber-optic gyroscopes, fiber-optic current and voltage sensors, fiber-optic hydrophones, and so on.
The results of the institute’s research are actively used and introduced in domestic measurement and navigation systems. Its specialists have various competencies and teach Master’s programs in technical physics, graduates of which make their way to international laboratories and high-tech companies.