Office phone+7 (812) 457-18-47
- Click to call
Office email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send message
- Institute of Laser Technologies
- International Research Laboratory for Micro- and Nanotechnology Lasers
- Laboratory of Industrial Laser Technologies
- Faculty of Physics
- International Research and Educational Center for Nanophotonics and Metamaterials
- International Research and Educational Center for Physics of Nanostructures
- Center of Optical Information Technologies
- Optics of Quantum Nanostructures
- Anisotropic and Optical Active Nanostructures
- Nonlinear Optics of Condensed Media
- Photophysics of Surface
- Laboratory of Light-Emitting Carbon Quantum Nanostructures
- Modeling and Design of Nanostructures Laboratory
- International Laboratory "Hybrid Nanostructures for Biomedicine"
- International laboratory «Mathematical methods in physics of complex materials»
- International Laboratory of Light-Matter Coupling in Nanostructures
Nowadays, photonics is one of the fastest growing high-tech industries in the world, and one of the main research fields at ITMO University. The School’s scientists synthesize materials with unique optical and electromagnetic properties that do not occur in nature, develop technologies for optical and quantum computers. Apart from that, they launched the first multimode quantum network in Russia and CIS.
ITMO’s School of Physics and Engineering trains highly qualified specialists with a broad range of skill-sets, ready to face the challenges of the 21st century.
At the core of the School’s mission are interdisciplinarity, freedom of choice, and a personal approach to every student. Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity, while thanks to a personal approach students can choose an individual educational trajectory.
The Faculty includes:
- 12 international research laboratories
- 5 research centers
- 4 international research centers
- UNIFEL Center for Advanced Methods of Materials Research
- Research Center for Laser Physics
- Higher School of Lighting Design
- Student laboratories
Among the School’s partners are such universities as:
- University of California, Los Angeles (the USA);
- University of Science and Technology Beijing (China);
- Warsaw University of Technology (Poland);
- Eindhoven University of Technology (the Netherlands);
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (Finland).
Among the companies the School’s graduates work for are OJSC Power Machines, OJSC Dalsvyaz, Quantum Communications, IntiLed, Russian Institute for Power Radiobuilding PJSC, Concern CSRI Elektropribor, Russian Institute of Radionavigation and Time RIRT, Radar MMS, and many others.