Public Health Sciences
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science
Duration: 2 years
Application Deadline: 11 August 2023
Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with excellent/good grades in public health, economics, social sciences, biological sciences, biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or medical degree, CV & motivation letter; upper-intermediate level of English
Tuition Fee: 379,000 rubles for international students
Discover more at the program's website!
The Public Health Sciences is the first program in Russia for training interdisciplinary specialists who are able to conduct and initiate research in the field of health sciences.
The program includes courses by leading experts in the field. Experts from the world’s leading research centers will work with students as supervisors and scientific consultants, which should expand the prospects of students to find future jobs. Opportunities to participate in research projects within ITMO University and other research centers is also a definite advantage.
English for Specific Purposes
Introduction to Public Health
Qualitative Research in Health and Medicine I
Principles of Evidence-Based Medicine
Writing and Publication of Scientific Article
English for Specific Purposes
Qualitative Research in Health and Medicine II
Communications in Medicine and Public Health (elective)
Health and Healthcare Policies (elective)
Сausal Inference in Public Health Research (elective)
Health Behavior and Social Epidemiology (elective)
Global Health (elective)
- Soft skills (one to choose): Negotiations, Influence and Conflict Management OR International Research Management Essentials OR Life in Science - Guide for Young Researchers (advanced level)
- University-wide module (one to choose): Creative Technologies OR High Tech Business Creation
- Research work
Thesis Preparation & Defense
Graduates of the program will become well-qualified specialists who can apply evidence-based approaches and will be able to influence the quality of research in the fields of life sciences, health, and medicine both in Russia and abroad. Industry demand for competent experts is very high and the graduates should be able to apply their acquired knowledge and skills in practice. They can pursue their careers as academic researchers, medical and population data analysts, project managers in the field of healthcare, community managers in the healthcare sector, researchers in medicine and health sciences, as well as CRAs (clinical research associates).
We expect graduates to be in demand in:
- Scientific groups of a wide profile
- International organizations in the field of health and medicine
- Clinics and hospitals
- NGOs and Foundations
- CRO (clinical research organizations)
- Biotechnology companies and the pharmaceutical industry
- European University at St. Petersburg;
- Scandinavia Clinic in St. Petersburg;
- NMRC of Oncology named after N.N.Petrov;
- Almazov National Medical Research Centre;
- Lahta Clinic;
- Ilyinskaya hospital.
Want to know more? Read an article by ITMO.NEWS to learn more about the Public Health Sciences program and its opportunities.
- Program coordinator: Ksenia Spiridonova, email@example.com, +7 (965) 599-52-81