Chemistry and Artificial Intelligence
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 years, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 11 August 2023
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field with excellent/good grades, CV & motivation letter. Upper-intermediate level of English (B2 according to CEFR)
Tuition Fee: TBA
The Master's program in chemistry and AI teaches students to solve the most complex problems of chemistry and nanotechnology with the help of a few lines of program code.
During their studies, students explore the following methods:
- Neural networks for planning the retrosynthesis of molecules, predicting the pharmacological properties of targeted delivery systems, and much more;
- Machine learning to predict the properties of unexplored organic molecules and nanomaterials;
- Automatic processing and analysis of big data;
- Computational chemistry methods for strengthening artificial intelligence algorithms and generating big data.
From day one, students work on practical projects in the labs. The master's program is being implemented with the support of the Center for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry and the Advanced Engineering School. So you can implement your projects with their support.
Who is the program for?
First and foremost, experimental chemists, materials scientists and nanotechnologists who want to develop in their scientific field and boost their programming skills. But in general, any natural science profile is relevant.
After graduation, graduates can build a career in one of three tracks:
- Academic career: graduates continue to work on scientific projects in postgraduate studies at leading universities;
- Industrial career: you will be able to work in large pharmaceutical, chemical, oil and gas, engineering and IT companies;
- Startup development: you have the option to run your own startup project.
ITMO International Admission Office