Physics and Technology of Nanostructures
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 years, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 09 August 2021
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in IT, Communications or equivalent with good/excellent grades; the upper-intermediate level of English*
Tuition Fee: 242,000 rubles per year for Russian students; 262,000 rubles per year for international students
Please note that obtaining an invitation and a visa will take at least a month. We ask you to apply for the Master’s program before July 15, 2021, in order to take the entrance exams and receive your documents in due time.
Nanoengineers and Nanotechnologists at high-tech industrial companies in the fields of electronics, instrument-making, nano industry, and other knowledge-intensive industries, both in Russia and abroad.
Would you like to build an exciting career in the rapidly growing field of nanostructures? Do you want to work hand in hand with the world's leading scientists and gain hands-on research in this perspective area? Then this Program is for you!
- Wide range of elective courses for building individual study track based on personal interests
- World-class professors
- Advanced lab equipment, special software appliances, and innovative educational technologies
- Unique opportunities for research, academic career, and international cooperation
- A unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience for a successful career in the field of nanotechnologies worldwide
- provides a high level of understanding of physics and engineering disciplines, such as Photonics, Nanotechnology, Optoinformatics, Microfabrication, Practical use of Nanostructures, etc.;
- focuses on research and development of nanomaterials, nanostructures, micro- and nanosystems, as well as micro- and nanodevices. The objects of the study are semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, semiconductor quantum wells and threads, fullerenes, nanotubes, graphene, molecular complexes, doped semiconductor materials and liquid crystals.
- lets the students be deeply involved in research and hands-on project work under the supervision of the most prominent researchers in the fields of synthesis, discrimination and practical application of quantum nanostructures of various types in optoelectronics, photonics, biology, and medicine;
- offers research opportunities at ITMO Center of Information Optical Technology Lab for design, development, and fabrication of micro- and nanosystems and the largest cleanroom facilities in Scandinavia. The students have an excellent opportunity to participate in fascinating and relevant laboratory and hands-on project work supported by advanced scientific equipment of leading firms, namely, powerful laser systems; scanning, electron, and atomic force microscopes; spectral analysis equipment, and numerous optical research setups.
Content of the Program
- Basis of Nanotechnology
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Data Processing and Analysis
- Methods and Technique of Physical Experiment
- Physical Chemistry of Nanostructures
- Physical Mechanisms of Functioning of Hybrid Nanostructures
- Foreign Language (Russian/English)
- Photonics and Integrated Optics
- Microwave Engineering
- Materials and Microsystems Integration
- Photonics and Nanotechnology
- Micro- and Nanoelectronic Circuit Design
- Microscopy of Nanomaterials
- Materials for Electronics
- Laboratory courses
The list of entrance examination questions
* The applicants are required to pass an entrance examination successfully. Please be informed that the double-degree option will be available only to the most successful students on a competitive basis.
How to apply?
To apply, please follow our step-by-step application guide.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
- ITMO International Admission Office, email@example.com
- Head of the Program, Dr., Prof. Anna Orlova, firstname.lastname@example.org