Partner University: Lappeenranta University of TechnologyPlace of Study: Russia, Estonia/Finland
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science in Mechatronics (ITMO), Master of Science (TalTech /LUT)
Duration: 2 Years, including two semesters in TUT/LUT
Application Deadline: 15 July 2019
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in IT, Communications or equivalent with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English. For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required.*
Annual Tuition Fee: 242,000 rubles for Russian students, 262,000 rubles for international students (the fee noted is for the first year at ITMO, the fee for the second year will be set by the Partner University)
Partner University: Lappeenranta University of Technology / Tallinn University of Technology
Career Options: experts in robot-enabled manipulation and manufacturing, autonomous ground, water and air vehicles and smart transportation, wearable, collaborative and medical robotics; medicine, namely: in the fields of surgical robotic technologies, development of various types of exoskeletons and mobile platforms for patients transportation, as well as robot limbs construction; in research institutions and design offices (design and construction of complex technical systems). Therefore, the graduates will be in great demand wherever there are machines and equipment that needs to be properly maintained and duly repaired.
In a world of fast-paced science and technology, one could face difficulties in finding a stable and rewarding career. The only way to keep up with the times and reach professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field which will remain relevant for decades to come.
Mechatronics and Robotics is a powerful industry which will definitely remain significant to the global economy in the many years ahead. So if you want to have a profitable and sustainable carrier, this Program is for you!
- develops understanding of modern trends and challenges in robotics and mechatronics and the ability to solve various industrial and research tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- improves skills in effective use of modern information technologies for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- provides students with wide knowledge in control theory and algorithms, as well as various types of mechanisms, actuators and sensors used for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- develops skills in creative and non-standard approaches for the design of the structure, control algorithms and software for various robotic systems;
- improves soft skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues working on projects in groups and effectively communicate with researchers around the world;
- trains qualified researchers and university teachers who are able to participate in R&D projects, as well as to share their knowledge with students.
After successful completion of the Program, students will:
- have wide knowledge in the field of robotics and mechatronics (robot programming from low (ARM, AVR, FPGA coding) to high (C/C++, Python) level using different development environments (Matlab, ROS, LabView; robot sensors and computer vision for navigation, motion planning, motion capture, and human-robot interfaces etc.)
- be able to use their knowledge and skills for solving various industrial and research tasks requiring a wide range of approaches and methods;
- effectively use information technologies in their professional activities;
- have complete understanding and wide knowledge in control algorithms, software, materials, mechanical parts, sensors and various types of actuators including electric, hydraulic, pneumatic and piezoelectric ones;
- have excellent communicative skills and use them for effective collaboration with colleagues and other researchers in the field.
There are four study tracks in the curriculum. Students are able to choose one of them, depending on their preferences:
- Biomechatronics (double-degree with Tallinn University of Technology);
- Mechatronic Systems and Technologies (double-degree with Lappeenranta University of Technology);
- Intelligent Robotics;
- Network and Multi-Agent Systems;
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully.
The list of entrance examination questions
How to apply?
To apply, please follow our step-by-step application guide.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
Sergey Kolyubin, Associate Professor