Advanced Materials and Technologies of Photonics
Partner University: University of Eastern FinlandPlace of Study: Russia, Finland
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University), Master of Science (UEF)
Duration: 2 Years, including two semesters at UEF, 120 ECTS
Application Deadline: 15 July 2019
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of physics, optical engineering, photonics, opto-electronic systems or relevant. For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required*
Annual Tuition Fee: 298,000 rubles for Russian students; 318,000 rubles for international students
Career Options: scientific staff, design engineers, technologists of leading high-tech enterprises of optical and optoelectronic industries. The graduates have already joined such high-tech companies in the field of optics and optical electronics as IPG Photonics, Corning Inc., Phillips, T-Systems, Teleste, Nestor Cables, LEDIL OY, Suunto, Nokia etc.
Get on the right path to the fast emerging world of Advanced Materials and Technologies of Photonics!
Without modern science of photonics, the surrounding reality would be difficult to imagine. Thanks to it people now can use numerous achievements: laser and holographic systems, light-emitting diodes, lighting equipment, sensors, newest biomedical equipment etc.
Currently, leading experts consider photonics to be the driving force of innovations in the 21st century; the world photonics market is constantly growing and developing. Optical technology development tends to be one of the priority directions of global science and technology development. Therefore, qualified specialists in this field are worth their weight in gold.
The students will be able to
- learn and develop methods and technologies of synthesis of optical and nanostructured materials: glasses, crystals, ceramics, and glass ceramics;
- use and develop optico-physical methods of optical nanostructures materials studies;
- develop and create elements and devices of photonics based on optical nanostructured materials.
Contents of the Program
- Waveguide photonics
- Diffraction and Interference Optics
- Nanophotonics and Nanoplasmonics
- Photonics of Si-based Materials
- Industrial and Biomedical Optics
- Mathematical Methods for Photonics
- Physical Optics
* The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully.
How to apply?
To apply, please follow our step-by-step application guide.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
ITMO International Admission Office