Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 years, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 11 August 2023
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biotechnology, biology or related fields, with excellent/good grades; CV & motivation letter; upper-intermediate level of English (B2 according to CEFR)
Tuition Fee: TBA
The program aims to train highly-qualified specialists in the fields of new methods for diagnostics and treatment, drug delivery, nanodevices, and materials with new properties. The focus of the Master's program lies in practical work on projects in laboratories. The results of these studies are published in high-impact journals and are applied in the development of new products for medicine and biotechnology.
The practical part is supported by theoretical courses by leading scientists who specialize in the fields of molecular biology, oncology, new materials for biomedical applications, marketing of new technologies, etc.
Four biological laboratories function on the basis of the educational program: microbiological, cell, molecular and bioinformatics. When working with projects, students choose one of the laboratories.
In the process of studying, students have the chance to engage in world-class science or launch their own innovative project.
This program is for you:
- if you are interested in the fundamental approaches of molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics;
- if you want to create something new, be it a technology, a device, a medicine and other product for the biomedical market based on the fundamental knowledge of microbiology, genetic engineering and DNA nanotechnology.
The main thing for us is your desire to work, purposefulness and desire to develop. Relevant lab experience will also be an advantage.
After graduation, students can pursue their career in one of three tracks:
- Academic career: graduates continue to work on scientific projects at leading universities;
- Career in biotechnology: graduates work at large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies;
- Startup development: you have the option to run your own startup project.
Want to know more? Read the stories of international students at the Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program to learn more about the major and their experiences:
- Moustapha Nour, Djibouti
- Subhrajit Barua, India
How to apply?
To apply, please fill in the application form and follow our step-by-step application guide for more details.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
- ITMO International Admission Office, email@example.com
- Program Coordinator, ITMO СhemBio Cluster, Polina Khapaeva firstname.lastname@example.org