Art & Science
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science in Innovation
Duration: 2 years
Application Deadline: 11 August 2023
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in any field; CV & motivation letter; upper-intermediate level of English; portfolio and video presentation of the project/idea that the student wants to work on for the Art & Science contest
Tuition Fee: 379,000 rubles for international students
Discover more at the program's website!
The first in Russia Master's program in Art & Science is open to graduates of any academic background, both technical and creative, who are interested in expressing themselves in the field of scientific and technological art. You will be able to engage in scientific research and create artistic projects at the intersection of art, science, and technology. You will work in a team with well-known Russian and international artists, researchers, and curators in the field of art & science. You will get access to the university's laboratories and present your projects at the largest Russian and international festivals of technological art, such as Cyberfest, Ars Electronica, and many others. The program is taught entirely in English in a multicultural environment.
Benefits of the program:
- Work alongside professional artists, scientists, and curators;
- Enjoy access to ITMO University’s state-of-the-art laboratories and research centers;
- Become a part of the artistic and scientific community;
- Present a creative or curatorial project at Russian and international venues;
- Study in English within a multicultural environment;
- International academic exchange and internship opportunities.
Who can apply?
- Graduates of creative, engineering, and humanities majors with experience and an interest in creative practice at the intersection of new technologies, science, and art;
- Humanities researchers aiming to analyze science- and technological art from a theoretical viewpoint;
- Curators and art professionals eager to explore the specifics of curatorship and exhibition production in Art & Science.
Graduates of the program may become artists, curators, designers, creators, and producers of projects at the intersection of art, science, and technology. With the knowledge and skills acquired during the program, graduates can work in museums, contemporary art centers, and galleries as curators, art managers, and project managers. They can also work at technology companies and research centers, as well as become educators in the field of the art science.
Our graduates work at Myth Gallery, ITMO University, Cyland.
Program partners: CYLAND, the North-Western branch of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts.
Read an article by ITMO.NEWS and the stories of international students at the Art & Science program to learn more about the major and their experiences:
- Nahid Aktar, Bangladesh
- Ethan Avila, Mexico
B2 and higher.
An individual research paper, an art project exhibited at Art.ITMO.Residency or any other space, or a curatorial project.
Of course! ITMO University holds its internal competition for international academic exchange applicants twice a year: in September (for exchanges in the following spring semester) and in February (for exchanges in the following fall semester). You also have a chance to get financial support for short-term trips (such as internships, workshops, conferences, competitions, and summer and winter schools) of up to 70% of expenses and 70,000 rubles. Preference is given to tuition-free students.
Foreign citizens from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, as well as compatriots (CIS) can apply for a state-funded position on the same terms as Russian citizens, whereas students from other countries have the right to enroll in tuition-free positions in ITMO University's Master's programs through the Rossotrudnichestvo federal agency as part of a Russian Government scholarship.
- Program coordinator: Lina Kipriushina / Tatiana Bukareva, email@example.com