Digital Control Systems
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 years, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 09 August 2021
Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in the field of automatic control, system analysis, data processing or equivalent field, with excellent/good grades; the upper-intermediate level of English*
Tuition Fee: 242,000 rubles per year for Russian students; 262,000 rubles per year for international students
Please note that obtaining an invitation and a visa will take at least a month. We ask you to apply for the Master’s program before July 15, 2021, in order to take the entrance exams and receive your documents in due time.
Career options: there is an ocean of opportunities out there for skilled professionals in digital control systems and digital systems analysis. Our graduates work as research engineers, system analysts, and developers in scientific centers focusing on such fields as robotics and modern digital technologies.
In a world where technologies develop at an increasingly fast pace, finding a stable and rewarding job is quite a challenge. The only way to keep up with the changing market and achieve professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field that will remain relevant for decades to come. Digital control systems will definitely play a significant role in the global economy for many years ahead.
Being an interdisciplinary field, digital systems are used everywhere: household and industrial automation, automobiles, mechatronics, and robotics, etc.
- develops the understanding of modern trends and challenges in the field of digital control systems and the ability to solve various research and real-life tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- provides students with deep knowledge of digital control theory and algorithms;
- teaches students to use modern information technologies in digital control systems design;
- gives insights into international developments in the field of digital control systems; prepares students for research in the world’s leading institutions, companies, and agencies;
- improves teamwork and communication skills;
- trains qualified researchers and university lecturers who ready to participate in R&D projects, as well as share their knowledge with students.
The students will:
- create a scientific and technological foundation for digital control systems aimed at facilitating analysis, transfer and processing of information in modern technologies;
- learn to develop new methods, mathematical models and digital control algorithms;
- acquire deep knowledge in the field of digital control;
- learn to use information technologies in professional activities.
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully.
The list of entrance examination questions
Want to know more? Read the stories of international students at the Digital Control Systems program to learn more about the major and their experiences:
- Alexander Ramos, Ecuador
- Kharchi Taha Mohamed Samy, Algeria
How to apply?
To apply, please follow our step-by-step application guide.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
Program Coordinator, Dr. Sergei Shavetov
ITMO International Admission Office