Founded at the St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University) in May 2009, E-Government Center is aimed at concentrating intellectual and organizational resources in order to support the development of electronic government in Russia.
The Center’s mission is to ensure the successful development and implementation of e-government solutions in the Russian Federation, as well as to support emerging projects in this field.
The Center’s responsibilities include:
- establishing strategic partnerships with leading companies in the field of e-government solutions;
- providing scientific and methodological support for the national e-government system based on the best international practices;
- training highly-skilled specialists in the field of e-government technologies;
- developing educational programs in the area of e-government technologies;
- organizing seminars, as well as the annual science and research conference “E-Government: Theory and Practice”;
- providing a variety of services for the local government, such as information services, analytical support, consultations, educational programs, and conducting sociological research.
Among the Center’s educational and research partners are the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE), the St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS), and the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOCUS), to name but a few.
E-Government Center carries out its activities at the premises of ITMO University, which creates a potential for effective collaboration with businesses and the city officials.