The Faculty of Control Systems and Robotics is the first research unit at ITMO University to focus primarily on the field of Robotics. The Faculty acts as part of the School of Computer Technologies and Control and trains professional engineers. Graduates specialize in such fields as Robotics, Automatic Control Systems, Power Engineering, Navigation Systems, and Mechatronics and Instrumentation.
The Faculty’s research areas include:
- Nonlinear and adaptive control under uncertainty;
- Electromechanical systems and control tools;
- Automated design, computer system element and node technology;
- Integrated navigation systems and traffic control.
The Faculty maintains partnership with the world’s leading universities, scientific centers and companies, such as
- Beijing University of Technology, China;
- Warsaw University of Technology, Poland;
- Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands;
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology, Finland;
- Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia;
- Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany;
- Emden/Leer University of Applied Sciences, Germany;
- École Centrale de Lille, France;
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France;
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany;
- “Diakont”, CJSC;
- “Tekhpribor”, JSC;
- “LOMO”, JSC;
- “Bee Pitron group”, LLC;
- “Concern CSRI Electropribor”, JSC;
- Thermex Corporation;
- Cisco Systems Corporation;
- National Instruments;
- GM Company.
Among the Faculty's programs are Instrumentation Engineering, Informatics and Computer Science, and so on. The full list of ITMO's Bachelor's and Master's programs is available here.