The Faculty of Software Engineering and Computer Systems focuses on training specialists in computer systems and cutting-edge programming technologies, who will meet the demands of the post-information age, the time of virtual reality, cyberphysical systems and the Internet of Things.
Here, at the Faculty, we
- teach how to design and construct computers. All of the Faculty's academic staff are scientists, engineers and senior officers in the field of computer technology. Our students get knowledge and skills in development and design of computational systems, from microprocessors to personal computers and smartphones, from the Internet of Things set-ups to robot control systems, from computer clusters to data processing centers;
- study systems programming technologies, as no application or information service can exist without a reliable operating system, computational network, computer cluster or a cloud-based software platform;
- teach programming and develop new programming technologies. Our students get knowledge, skills and experience in programming the information systems of the future: cloud computing, artificial intelligence, data mining, big data, and the Internet of Things;
- train specialists in the field of programming graphic applications, 3D-graphics and animation, design, usability, web-development, computer interface design and engineering graphics. The Faculty's graduates can apply information and multimedia technologies in multiple artistic fields, including theatre, cinema and television, as well as research, project and practical activities in the field of mass media, advertising, business communications and media industry;
- focus on cutting edge methods in human-computer interaction. The upcoming age calls for a whole new level of integration of biological and computer intelligence. The Faculty trains students in methods of information processing and programming technologies.
Our graduates are the programmers of the future who can apply the latest neurotechnologies in developing applications in the field of machine learning, artificial intelligence systems, processing unsystematized data and so on. Our Master's students learn the ins and outs of creating realistic computer images, holograms, and augmented reality systems.
The Faculty's graduates get viable education and can quickly adapt to new conditions, and are highly sought after by leading Russian and international companies and enterprises, which include but are not limited to Russian Railways, Yandex, Luxoft, Gazprom, Sberbank, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, AMD, Deutsche Bank and many others.