Dr. Vladimir Vasilyev, Rector of ITMO University
- Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Prominent scientist in the fields of computer telecommunications and mathematical modeling of information systems and multifunctional equipment complexes.
- 1983 - Joined Leningrad Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics (LITMO)
- 1991 - Established the new department of Information Technologies
- 1996 - Became the rector of ITMO University (reelected four times, in 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2015)
- 2004 - Heads of the Council of St. Petersburg Rectors
- Award for Excellence in Education by the President of the Russian Federation (2003, 2005)
- Golden Medal of the Russian Academy of Education “For Scientific Achievements” (2011).
See more information about Dr. Vasilyev on his personal page