Science and Technologies in Society27.04.05 Innovation Science
Daria Denisova, +7 (921) 384-3226, firstname.lastname@example.org
Science and Technologies in Society is a joint Master's program by ITMO University and the European University in Saint Petersburg. The program’s curriculum includes the best practices of social research in the field of the science, technology and innovations transfer. The students will learn to critically assess the relations between science, technology and society, discern political, social and cultural factors and consequences of development of new technologies. The graduates will be able to participate in scientific and technological projects as researchers, consultants, and managers.
The program was developed with regard to the experience of best programs for training social researchers and specialists in interaction of science and society, and aims to study the social and political aspects of science and technology. In modern times, scientific investigation has a leading role in the making of global social and economic decisions that affect everybody's lives. An understanding of the origins of such investigations, as well as the structure of science-society interactions, is therefore an essential requirement for shaping substantiated policies on all levels of management.
The graduates acquire competencies that can be applied in the following fields:
- Management and consulting in the field of R&D;
- Consulting technological companies and entrepreneurs and management of processes that have to do with commercialization of inventions;
- Research and analysis the field of interaction of science and society;
- Research projects on studying communications between research organizations and different social groups;
- Business anthropology in science-intensive and technological companies;
- Research and analysis of management, operational and business processes in science-intensive and technological private companies.