- PostProfessor at Faculty of Nanoelectronics,
Head of International Research Center of Functional Materials and Devices of Optoelectronics and Electronics,
Head of Transnational Scientific and Education UNIFEL Center for Advanced Methods of Materials Research
In 1971, Mr. Romanov Graduated with honors from St.Petersburg Polytechnic University with a degree in physics of metals. Then he obtained his PhD degree in 1981.
• PhD thesis on solid state physics (1981)
• Professorial thesis on screened disclination in solids (1989).
• Researcher of Solid-State Theory Sector of Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (1981-present). Currently Alexey Romanov serves as senior researcher.
• Professor of nanostructure physics of University of Tartu Institute of Physics (2010-present)
• Head of "Optogan" corporate group (2009-2014).
Some 300 papers in refereed journals (250 of them are included in ISI Web of Science). Among them:
1. V.G. Gryaznov, I.A. Polonsky, A.E. Romanov, and L.I. Trusov, "Size effects of dislocation stability in nanocrystals", Physical Review B, 1991, vol. 44, No 1, pp. 42-46.
2. A.E. Romanov and V.I. Vladimirov, "Disclinations in crystalline solids", in F.R.N. Nabarro ed. "Dislocations in solids", North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1992, vol. 9, pp. 191-402.
3. A.A. Nazarov, A.E. Romanov, and R.Z. Valiev, "On the structure, stress fields and energy of nonequilibrium grain boundaries", Acta Metallurgica et.Materialia, 1993, vol. 41, No 4, pp. 1033-1040.
4. A.E. Romanov, P.M.Petroff, and J.S. Speck, “Lateral ordering of quantum dots by periodic subsurface stressors", Applied Physics Letters, 1999, vol. 74, No 16, pp. 2280-2282.
5. A.E. Romanov, "Modeling of misfit and threading dislocations in epitaxial heterostructures", Zeitschrift für Metallkunde, 2005, vol. 96, No5, pp.455-464.
6. A.E. Romanov, T.J. Baker, S. Nakamura, and J.S. Speck, "Strain-induced polarization in wurtzute III-nitride semipolar layers", Journal of Applied Physics, 2006, vol. 100, No 2, p. 023522 (1-10).
7. A.E. Romanov and A.L. Kolesnikova, "Application of disclination concept to solid structures", Progress in Materials Science, 2009, vol. 54, No 6, pp. 740-769.
8. M. Ali, O. Svensk, L. Riuttanen, M. Kruse, S. Suihkonen, A.E. Romanov, P.T. Torma, M. Sopanen, H. Lipsanen, M.A. Odnoblyudov, and V.E. Bougrov, "Enhancement of near-UV GaN LED light extraction efficiency by GaN/sapphire template patterning", Semiconductor Science and Technology, 2012, vol. 27, No 8, pp.082002 (1-5).
9. S. Lipnitskaya, K. Mynbaev, L. Nikulina, V. Kramnik, V. Bougrov, A. Kovsh, M. Odniblyudov, A. Romanov, "Investigation of light extraction from light emitting module chip-on-board", Optical Review, 2014, vol. 21, No 5, pp. 655-658.
10. S. Vlassov, B. Polyakov, L.M. Dorogin, M. Vahtrus, M. Mets, M. Antsov, R. Saar, A. E. Romanov, A. Lohmus, and R. Lõhmus, "Shape restoration effect in Ag-SiO2 core-shell nanowires, Nano Letters", 2014, vol.14, issue 9, pp. 5201-5205.