The Faculty of Digital Transformation is part of the School of Translational Information Technologies.
Established in 2019, it is the newest faculty at ITMO University. Its academic staff comprises a close-knit community of experts, formed through years of collaboration. The educational programs of the faculty were previously implemented at ITMO’s Institute of Design & Urban Studies but over time it became clear that the issues of digital transformation require the creation of a separate educational department.
The faculty closely collaborates with the National Center for Cognitive Technologies. Its students enjoy a project-based approach to teaching, acquire theoretical and practical skills, and contribute to the Center’s ongoing projects.
Current Master’s programs by subject area:
- 01.04.02 Informatics and Applied Mathematics
- Big Data and Extreme Computing;
- Computational Biomedicine;
- Game Development Technologies;
- Big Data and Machine Learning.
- 09.04.02 Information Systems and Technologies
- Cognitive Technologies and Quantum Intelligence;
- Digital Health;
- Digital Geotechnologies;
- Mathematical Support and Software for Global Financial Systems.
- 09.04.03 Applied Computer Science
- Game Development Technologies.
- 11.04.02 Infocommunication Technologies and Communication Systems
- Big Data Financial Technologies.
- 09.06.01 Informatics and Computer Science
- Management in Social and Economic Systems;
- Mathematical and Software Support of Computers, Complexes and Computer Networks;
- Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science;
- Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Methods and Software Complex.
There is also a wide range of vocational education and professional development programs.
The faculty staff includes 4 professors and 22 associate professors – all researchers at ITMO's National Center for Cognitive Technologies headed by Prof. Alexander Boukhanovsky.
Students have the opportunity to do their internships at the National Center for Cognitive Technologies, as well as with the university’s many industrial partners such as Siemens, Sberbank, Mail.ru Group, Gazprom Neft Science & Technology Centre, МТS, ER-Telecom, Diakont, Almazov National Medical Research Centre, the Russian Ministry of Health, and many others.